RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Denis PEYRAT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 18:08:18 +0200
On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Denis Peyrat wrote:
> Even so, instincto falls victim to the same reasoning you accuse
> paleo-diets of: 'deriving the notion of "natural diet" from a given
period  of time of our history; namely, pre-fire homonids as opposed to late
> paleolithic as paleo-diets generally do.

I'm having a hard time seeing how one "derives" anything from anywhere,
when the issue of instincts is involved.  Surely, our ancestors didn't
have detailed information on their predecessors' diets to rely on as they
were trying to decide what to eat.  Why should we now?

***Mind you I'm not the author of the incriminated paragraph  - Kirt is  -
   and I certainly do agree with you.
My position is we should avoid relying on what we know
of the diet of our ancestors when attempting to define synthetically what
is exactly a "natural diet" .  Your argument is a forceful one.

Denis