From:
Stan Marks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 09:53:01 -0600
on 12/4/03 5:15 PM, Dori Zook at [log in to unmask] wrote:

>> Just another batch of propaganda by the militant vegans; no resemblance to
>> the truth.
>
> No doubt, especially that reference to animal proteins being foreign.  WTF?
> I'd pay to see the person who wrote this read the Cordain paper on lectins
> and rheumatoid arthritis.  Enh, why bother -- he or she would just
> indignantly deny it.

Dori, there is also this article:

http://www.naturalhub.com/opinion_right_food_for_the_human_animal.htm

I especially like the following quote:

"My favourite gem of information about connective tissue concerns the
digestibility of elastin. During the digestion of meat in the human gut,
elastic fibers are broken down by elastase, an enzyme from the pancreas that
would not be there if our evolutionary ancestors had not been at least
partly carnivorous. In other words, I have never read of the occurrence of
elastin in any human food except meat. So if we have evolved a highly
specific enzyme, elastase, to deal with elastin in our food, this can only
mean that we are the descendants of meat eaters."
-Professor Howard Swatland , in 'Growth and Structure of Meat Animals'.

Stan Marks