From:
Jay Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 17:38:33 -0500
Richard Archer wrote:
> And if you want to focus on raw milk, there's a list called raw-food.
> That would also be the appropriate list for discussing Howell.

As if a paleo list wasn't appropriate for discussing Howell's work.

Ray Audette's Neanderthin, page 196:

   Q: According to your theory, shouldn't I eat all my food raw?

   A: In a perfect world, yes...but modern farming and food processing
techniques preclude this practice.

Neanderthin, page 67:

   Should I Eat Raw Meat?

   Although all meat is edible raw, you shouldn't eat supermarket meat raw.

Neanderthin, page 41:

   We find none other than Frances Pottenger, M.D., Weston Price,
   and the Price Pottenger foundation mentioned...with not a thing
   negative said about any of them.

If these things are off topic on this list then that is fine. But to say
they are somehow not part of paleo discussion isn't accurate at all unless
Ray Audette has somehow became not paleo enough for you. If they are off
topic, then this list would more appropriately be labeled a sort-of paleo
list or pick-and-choose paleo list.

I have been on the list for a while now and usually just lurk, but I really
get the feeling that it upsets some people when they find out there are
people out there more paleo than they are.

Tom Bridgeland wrote:
> One thing I don't like particularly is the venom some show when their
> views are questioned. There just isn't enough easily available
> scientific data to show whether the paleo diet is all it is cracked up
> to be. So we have to feel our way forward on anecdotal accounts and
> personal experience, especuially since a true paleo diet isn't even
> possible for most of us.

I think that was an excellent way of putting that and well said.

Jay