From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:22:11 -0500
From: "Bruce Kleisner"
> I also don't see how one can get fat eating nuts
> (plain, by themselves), given that nuts have almost no insulin
> or blood sugar response above fasting levels. Eating nuts with
> carbs (including fruit) probably would put on weight.

Reference the low-carb and paleo books that say to limit nuts if you need to
lose weight.
I once asked on this list why--was there something about nuts themselves or
was it just the sheer number of cals involved.  One person answered that it
was the calorie density.  While the calorie theory may be flawed, it can't
be tossed out by my experience.

I'm a purist--when I eat nuts (practically every day), I EAT nuts, whole,
plain, raw, and lots of them.

Theola