From:
Bruce Kleisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:11:02 -0400
"Theola Walden Baker" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Bruce Kleisner:
> > Lean meat has no stop,
> > either way. It causes protein toxicity and an insatiable
> > appetite
>
> I can never eat as large a portion of lean meat (ex. loin) as I can, say, a
> fatty meat such a a ribeye steak.  The leaner the meat the more pronounced
> the stop.  Time and again I've found that lean meat suppresses my appetite,
> whereas fatty meat makes me want to eat again a short while later.  I know
> this goes against the prevailing belief in fat's satiety factor, but for me
> this is the way it works out.

I meant a meat-only diet (like Stefansson's Bellevue experiment).
If you eat other fats or carbs with meat, you can compensate for
the hunger caused by lean meat alone. You can't undo the lack of
fat-soluble vitamins (A,D,E,K) and animal fats. Eating too much
protein (more than 35% of calories) will make you sick. On the
other hand, eating too little protein (due to high fat or carb
intake) will also make you hungry.

-Bruce Kleisner.