From:
Theola Walden Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 00:47:29 -0500
From: "Bruce Kleisner"
> Lean meat has no stop,
> either way. It causes protein toxicity and an insatiable
> appetite

I can never eat as large a portion of lean meat ( ex. loin) as I can, say, a
fatty meat such a a ribeye steak.  The leaner the meat the more pronounced
the stop.  Time and again I've found that lean meat suppresses my appetite,
whereas fatty meat makes me want to eat again a short while later.  I know
this goes against the prevailing belief in fat's satiety factor, but for me
this is the way it works out.

>Correct me if wrong,
> but wouldn't "truly raw" nuts sprout while nuts heated
> above, say, 118-122F would not sprout? Easy enough for
> us to check, right?

Easy if you're willing to wait several months.  To sprout nuts the way
nature does, you'll not only need the nut in its shell and outer husk but
you'll have to toss it out in the yard so it can undergo the long weeks of
deep winter chill it needs to set the processes in motion.  Then hope for
the right spring conditions.

We have quite a few black walnut trees in our yard, but only several of the
many nuts they drop each fall ever sprout in the spring.  Same with the
hickory nuts spread over our 80 acres.  Nature does not seem to intend for
every blessed nut to sprout.

 Theola