From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 21:42:51 -0700
At 8:52 9/04/03, Barbara Sheppard wrote:
>All this talk of acid reflux reminds me of an experience I have sometimes.
>I don't know whether it's acid reflux or something else.
>
>Sometimes, when I am eating some fairly lean protein (e.g., cooked chicken
>breast or canned tuna), I can eat a number of mouthfuls quite normally, and
>then suddenly I get to a point where I swallow, but it doesn't go down
>easily any more. It seems to sit in my throat and feels very uncomfortable
>for a while.
>
>The suggestions here for acid reflux haven't included anything like this -
>so I am wondering what might cause this situation to occur? Is it simply a
>lack of lubrication through the absence of enough fat? But if that is the
>case, why can I eat quite normally for a while, and then have this sudden
>change from one mouthful to the next?
>
>Barbara

I experience the same thing, and with pretty much the same types of food.
Canned sardines will do it to me, too. I've always thought that I was just
eating too fast, and that, as you mention, the bite before doesn't get all
the way down before I cram another in. A drink of water, or just swallowing
hard a few times clears it. I don't think it's a bad thing.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!