From:
Theola Walden Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:02:52 -0500
From: "Dori Zook"
>but you ask to see (gasp!) something like
> homocystiene or CRP (God help us!!) and they all but sh*t a brick?

Believe this.  At the visit last Nov. to my very-eminent cardiologist of
many years I asked for a homocysteine test. Doc approved it for me (though
he didn't seem enthusiastic for me to be requesting several tests I wanted),
but when I went in for the blood draw his nurse asked what *that* was.  Told
me it had never been ordered before and she'd never heard of homocysteine.
I asked her how long she had worked there. Nearly four years.  I had my
first homocysteiene test in 2000 or maybe 2001 from a holistic M.D. who
suggested it herself.

On a food note, kidney as I remember it is very good.  I lived with a
Hispanic family for a while when I was in college.  Hope trimed the cortex
away from the kidney, cut the kidney into bite size pieces, more or less the
same size as the lobules, sauteed them in some lard or bacon grease,
seasoned it liberally with garlic, added a can of tomato sauce and let it
cook down to where the sauce was not really any longer a sauce but  a
thickish coating on the kidney.

Theola