C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 22:35:19 -0400
Thanks, everyone!

The best thing was when my director told me, he said it was because I'd
proven I could handle the work load and make the decisions that go with
being a manager.  He also said because I was willing to show I had what
it took to do the job they recognised the efforts I'd gone through to do
the job and meet their requirements.   In other words, I'd gone through
all the training, handled the calls and proved myself as a
trouble-shooter.  I will say, handling phone calls has been the toughest
part for me as I'm hard of hearing as most of you know, but with
patience and  perseverity, I was able to do my job well.

The only bad thing is, I wish my parents were still around to celebrate
with me.

Now I must toddle off to bed so I can get  up to make a 7:30 meeting.
It's beginning already! Actually these are regular meetings I've been
attending for a while now.

Kat