From:
"Nathan, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:25:08 -0700
Hi Steve,

I have a 706 MkII that I use for travel and portable operation.  I have the
synthesizer for it and the QSY'er.  With the QSY'er it's a lot of fun to use
in combination with the synthesizer.  I am a total and have no real problem
operating the rig.  I have written a cheat sheet for the MkII which I think
is available at both handihams and www.icanworkthisthing.com which he might
want to take a look at.  Personally, once I have the mic gain set, who
cares.  On power, you can check a few times as to how much difference a turn
or partial turn of the tuning dial makes and then ballpark it from there.
The menus all have a longer beep at the first choice in the menu except for
the initial setup which you don't need to get at anyway or at least not too
often.  I would advise him to get it if he wants.  Definitely have him look
at the cheat sheet first though.

Take care and 73.
Kevin, K7RX

Kevin Nathan, Independent Living Coordinator
Dept. of Services for the Blind
3411 S. Alaska
Seattle, Wa 98118
Voice:  (206) 721-6450