Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:47:08 -0600
From:
Tessa David <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
It's odd because, when I was a vegetarian, not so many years ago, people
would ALWAYS ask me, "but where do you get your protein?"  And warnings
about vegan diets were quite common.  For me the central issue was heart
disease.  If saturated fat and cholesterol caused heart disease, why would
we need all the protein that goes along with them?  To my mind - then and
now - it did not make sense that Mother Nature would couple essential
nutrients with poisonous ones.  How could our species have survived these
millions of years if this were the case?  The book "The Cholesterol Myths"
was the turning point for me.  I really didn't know that there was another
side to the fat-cholesterol-heart-disease story.  After reading that book
and a few others, I realized that we need ALL of the nutrients in animal
foods - the protein, saturated fat, and cholesterol that are so conveniently
packaged together.

But now that I'm a meat-eater, vegetarianism is the accepted thing.  I just
can't seem to stay on the politically correct side of things.

Tessa