Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 18:34:55 +0100
7bit
From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
kylix wrote:
> That's very convincing.
>
> And now with the Fat argument again, this leaves me even
> more uncertain. So, are sat fats bad or not? is some carb
> good or not?

Well I just argued against hunted meat having a connection to brain
developement. This implied that tubers should have played a role.

Hunted animal fat is medium sat.fat only. Animal fat consumption by
paleo humans speaks *against* SFAs.
My personal imperssion is, that it should be around 35% - that's a
natural average, from animals like from many plants. I think up tp 50%
SFA could be safe -- this wouldn't interfere with EFAs too much.
How much this SFA could damadge EFA metabolism (d6d) I cannot say.
Probably not a problem if enough EFAs are there in the rest percents.
I do think that for optimal cell wall construction (and avoiding
long-term followup-problems) SFA should be limited.

 From the paleo aspect I definetely think that carbs *should* be eaten
-- good paleo carbs with their associated B-Vitamins.
Restricting carbs and going into ketosis however could help against the
widespread (industry age) sugar-problems. From a paleo viewpoint i think
going into ketosis wouldn't be mainstream, but should be *safe*.  Inuit
exist and ice-age hunters on the ice-shields existed too.

regards

Amadeus