Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:20:45 -0500
Bruce > I'm a pragmatist. I don't avoid food just because some minority
reacts badly or believes we haven't "adapted" to it.

You've gotta use your head, it's true.

> Some claim (without evidence)that we haven't adapted to RAW,
unpasteurized, unheated dairy products.

And some claim (without evidence) that we have.  What's your reasoning?
You can't have milk without domestication.  And, as Ray says, can you
imagine trying to milk a wild animal?

> Many tribes have thrived on diets based heavily on RAW dairy and
saturated fat.

Perhaps.  But you still haven't answered the question whether it was the
BECAUSE of the dairy consumption or DESPITE it.

> I have seen Loren Cordain, S. Boyd Eaton, and numerous other paleo
theorists claim saturated fats are harmful...

Agreed.  I've been following Dr. Cordain's theories -- and mostly ignoring
Ray Audette's -- for a couple of years now.  By and large, Cordain's ideas
do not work because they blend paleo theory with modern-day nutritional
fallacies.  (Most notably that saturated fats are to be avoided).  I am
coming back around to the realization that Ray is right.  He's
unscientific at times and amateur.  And right.

> Look at food objectively. Ignore the flawed, biased, and incomplete
advice put out by pseudo-scientists, junk scientists, and food companies.

Again, Ray's a pseudo-scientist.  And I'm convinced that every word of
Neanderthin is right.  Do not rely upon science as much as your own
intuition, experience, and reasoning.