EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"* EASI: Equal Access to Software & Information" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Asdis Jenna Astradsdottir <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 01:27:12 -0800
try www.permobil.se

At 09:25 8.11.2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I have had the opportunity to meet a gentleman through my disability
>advocacy work who is severely affected by cerebral palsy.  He has extremely
>limited speech and very limited movement in one finger.  He does have a
>Dynovox system.  He is also learning disabled.  He is very anxious to have
>computer solutions that meet his needs.  This may be somewhat similar to the
>case Kathy Cahill presented several weeks ago.
>
>I would imagine this gentleman would profit from a screen reader software
>package.  We would like to find some sort of pointing device he could manage
>to help him navigate the various programs and surf the web.  Any suggestions
>would be most welcome.  Thank you so very much!
>
>Catherine Alfieri
>7 Summer Tree
>Pittsford, NY 14534
>585-586-1682
>Founder:
>Monroe County Women's Disability Network
>http://www.mcwdn.org
>VirtEd
>http://www.mcwdn.org/VirtEd2.html
>RochEd Online
>http://www.mcwdn.org/Roch/RochEd.html
>St. John Fisher College - MSTE 260 Course
>http://keep2.sjfc.edu/faculty/napoli/mste260/index.htm

>  See EASI Special October Bonus offer at http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
>EASI November courses are:
>Barrier-free E-learning, Accessible Internet Multimedia and Business
>Benefits of Accessible IT Design:
>http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
>EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi

Asdis night owl mom of the purring cats, Agatha Mist queen of our apartment
and Odinn Thistill my little baby!!!
implanted with CI NC24 18 Juni 2003.
Hookup-date 15 august 2003
[log in to unmask] msn messenger