RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:17:00 -0700
Thomas E. Billings wrote:

>the parents of the child who died recently in Miami, reportedly were
>members of the "Black Hebrew" religion. This URL provides some
>background info on that religious group:
>
>http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2003/07/29/international0648EDT0496.DTL
>
>In South Florida there is a religious group, predominantly African-American,
>whose beliefs include following a raw vegan diet. The "High Priest"
>of that group is a man named Kwatamani. I wonder if they are
>part of the Black Hebrews, or a separate group?
>
>Tom Billings

This is the first paragraph from the link you gave.

 >Israel's "Black Hebrews," a close-knit group of vegan polygamists who
arrived in the country from the >United States in 1969, are celebrating
the government's announcement that they are finally eligible for
 >citizenship in the Jewish state.

Note the word polygamist. I haven't seen any mention of this in the
stories about the Florida couple.
I would tend to think that they are not  "Black Hebrews."