From:
mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:49:48 -0700
> I have posted pictures showing the steps I use to
> prepare my basic Paleo meal.
>
> http://www.evfit.com/mealpic1.htm

Nice work Keith!

I've designed a staple meal as well but have taken a
different approach.  My biggest concern has been
getting quality fats into my diet.  High quality
produce and protein are not a problem at all, but
damaged or bastardized fats are tough to avoid.

After viewing Nanook of the North for the first time I
was struck at the quality of fats these people were
consuming.  At one point they pulled a walrus out of
the ocean and were consuming the raw blubber within
minutes of the animals death.

Heat damages fats and I've always been concerned about
eating high volumes of cooked meat, but cannot stomach
raw meat. My solution has been to add a concoction of
raw coconut meat and free range raw eggs to my
afternoon and evening meals.  I blend the raw coconut
and eggs with a bit of water and usually add a small
red banana and frozen organic wild blueberries.

This gives me a nice does of raw, unprocessed fats,
along with a bit of protein from the eggs.

I still eat roasted meat but from a longevity
standpoint I think it's a good idea to use a bit of
moderation.

Best
Mark

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com