From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:45:02 +0200
From: "Tom Bridgeland" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2003 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: Mere Consumption/ predators

> In a park, by chance? Large predators do occasionally eat people,
> especially lions and tigers, but not as often as you might think

I don't really know - it was just a notice in the paper. Somehow it seemed
as if it were in the wilderness but that was of course due to the way it was
written. I noticed it because it seems such a horrible way to die.

When the Copenhagen Zoo had been renewed many years ago I once came to stand
5 to 10 inches from a male lion. We looked each other in the eye and at
least I shuddered even if it was an exciting experience. Well, there was a
bullet proof glass of 5 to 10 inches thick between us but it was absolutely
new with no scratches on either side.
Eva