NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:06:28 EST
Goat's milk has almost exactly the same amount of lactose as cow's milk.
Goat's milk cheese has almost exactly the same amount of lactose as the comparable
cow's milk cheese. Most aged cheeses are very low in lactose in the first
place so most people with lactose intolerance can have those cheeses, but it
doesn't matter what milk the cheese comes from.

Coincidentally, I just put up a piece on my Planet Lactose blog concerning
this misconception about goat's milk. See http://planetlactose.blogspot.com/.

http://planetlactose.blogspot.com/2005/12/goats-milk-for-lactose-intolerants-no.html

Steve Carper