EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 16:45:37 -0500
Dave
I have not read neanderthin to know how much vegetable matter is consumed (I
eat several pounds of salad greens and other seasonal vegetables as well as
some fruits.  I have noticed that when I do eat something non paleo (some
noodles at a thai rest. a cuouple of months ago)  I feel horrible....but on
a day to day basis I feel better than I ever have previously...so am I
feeling worse than if I had not stoped eating a standard diet, or do I feel
so much better than before that eating "normal" food makes me feel like I am
dying!!??  I am not sure, but I have yet to encounter ANYONE who does not
feel significantly better after days or weeks eating this way.  If you
manage to add in some short intense exercise I would be surprised if you
ever look back.  As to the beneficial gut flora I still regularly take an
acidophilous supplement.  I notice feeling better in general and my
digestion seems to hum along quite nicely.  this is in contrast to the
previous two years when grains were the staple of my diet and i had chronic
colitis and GI problems which left me miserable.  Good luck!