C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:54:29 -0500
That's a good idea, Cindy!

That's what I did whilst at grad school and living at home. I paid room and
board as well as car insurance and my school lunches and books.  Loans and
grants paid for my tuition.  It kept me on the straight and narrow and I
learned how to make do with very little money.  My parents didn't let me
skive off on paying them room and board because I was short of money; I had
to pay it anyway, just like in the real world.  You make do somehow.

It's a hard lesson to learn but better learned at home before you go out into
the real world.

Kat