From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:51:21 -0700
Keith Thomas wrote:

>>Is is fair to force your personal decision to eat meat on a child?
>>

>>IMO it is impossible to force a child to *anything* on the long run,
>>

>anyway.
>
>and that's why many adolescents brought up in meat-eating families become
>vegetarian as they willfully cut loose from the constraints of their up-
>bringing

I've also known cases where children raised vegetarian turned to
meat-eating in
adolescence.

>>>"Low-carb diets are very popular right now.  What about a low-carb
>>>vegetarian diet?

>>Todd once mentioned that it would be possible,
>>utilizing fatty plants (like almonds).
>>I was and am not tending to low-carb because
>>I can't see a benefit for me.
>>

>Good answer!  Low-carb (as packaged) is just another consumer fad.  It has
>macronutient ratios in common with Paleo eating but not much else. The
>Atkins industry produce their low-carb bars - about as un-Paleo as you can
>get!

Very true.  And some of the low-carbers advocate aspartame and other
artificial substances.

Re: low-carb; the only way I have been able to lose weight is low-carb.
I think low-carb is
very important for people with blood-sugar anomalies: diabetes,
pre-diabetes, hypoglycemia.
My appetite drops way back, along with my food consumption, and I have
more energy.

I'm on the 4th day (of 7) of Faigin's Natural Hormonal Enhancement
U-turn;  to get the body to
rely upon fat rather than carbs for fuel.  I've been eating about every
4 hours, small meals
of meat, low-carb veggies, butter, olive oil.  Today I'm feeling a bit
strung-out, so my glycogen
stores are probably nearly used up.  So far, my digestion has improved,
the puffiness has gone
out of my face, my energy level is higher.   After this week, the plan
calls for 2 big carb-up meals
a week which are low in fat and protein, and the rest of the time
low-carb, small meals, often.
My problem low-carbing before has been the thyroid goes south after a
few months of it, and
I fall off the wagon.  Hopefully this will work better

    Lynnet