From:
Frances Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 19:12:47 +0100
>Date:    Wed, 24 Sep 2003 05:57:19 -0500
>From:    Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Arrhythmia Help Requested

Jim

Sorry to hear of your arrhythmia.

Thats a good list you have there for causes. I would like to add another one.
You mention dehydration and magnesium which in part help to keep the
electrolytes in balance. I do know that if I consume a very high protein and
fat diet with only a small assortment of veggies and no fruit or salt I bring
on an episode atrial fibrillation. This is because my electrolytes have gone
out of whack. Some of us need much higher ammounts of paleo carbs than others.
I am one. I eat copious ammounts of meat and fat, but also copious amounts of
fruit and veg. This brings up potassium and magnesium levels, but to balance
them you also need (dare I say it ) salt, also calcium and at least 2 litres
of water a day. Many people who go on the Atkins diet and stick to very rigid
low carb levels bring on arrhythmia's due to this.

I don't know if this is a problem for you, you may eat loads of fresh veg. But
if not then I would suspect this was the problem, unless you have also been
eating commercial bacon, sausages etc - really bad for arrhythmia's.

Hope that helps a bit

Fran

   Scotland's Free Internet Service Provider