From:
Paul Sand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:39:28 +0200
>From: Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
>
>here is the truth: ingestion of protein stimulates insulin AND glucagon.
>net result is blood sugar stays level.
>carbs stimlate insulin only. net result chaos.
>
>most diet books are written by liars. assume they are telling fibs
>then see if you can prove your assumption wrong.
>
>andrew

I've got exactly the same opinion but I thought that I'm missing something.

When I tried to eat according to Schwarzbain (minimum 15 gr of carbs a meal)
I felt really sick. But read some low carb forums. Some people do very well
on this diet. I start to believe in kind of personal 'carb setpoint'.

I tried it because I still wonder where from my brain fog comes when I eat
too much protein. According to Schwarzbain too much protein or protein eaten
alone produce too much adrenaline/cortisol (I agree here) and you have to
counterbalance it with carbs to stimulate insulin production (Not quit sure
here it seems that protein can be balanced by eating fat).

So as far as I limit my carbs and watch my protein I feel fine even perfect
just have to watch to stay out of deep ketosis. But I keep trying to
reintroduce carbs to my diet.
I doubt that I will live on such a diet as long as my grandparents lived on
a high carb/high fat diet.

Paul Sand