From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:38:38 +0200
William Schnell wrote:
Hi William,you dig out an older post.
>>> What about the frequent broken bones in neanderthals?
>>
>> I can't answer that, but clumsy is tempting. Maybe cultural?
>> snip

I'm not sure what your point is here?
Neanderthals were stronger than we are. More robust, thus better
layouted for colder climate (fattier animals) and for hunting.
Still tey show frequent injuries.

>>> But humans didn't live only besides such cliffs, did they?
>>
>> Make one. Dig big hole (presume enough manpower), put sharp staves in
>> bottom, wait.

That's true, traps are a chance.
Such holes should show up in the fossil record however, and they don't.

A.S.