From:
"Paula H." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:10:10 -0400
I usually sauté my meats in a little butter or coconut oil.  I eat my beef
very rare, and other meats somewhat rare.  I do eat 1-2 pounds of raw
vegetables each day.

I am not perfectly paleo strict.  I eat plain yogurt 3-4 times a week.  When
in the mood I will have a small amount of sugar free dark chocolate (2-3
times a month).  I eat a couple of ounces of peanuts each week.  I drink one
cup of plain black coffee each day.

The purists will probably be horrified, but my prior diet was awful - mainly
junk food.  I am pleased with where I am now, and I am willing to move
"purer" gradually as I no longer want certain things.  For example, I have
given up coffee and caffeine for months at a time, but I never feel as good
off of it as I do with a little of it - so right now I am still drinking the
one cup of coffee a day.