C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 13:41:18 -0400
I think much of the resentment from both Laura and the kid's angle is
youth--both mine and Laura's and the kids.  The kids are too young to really
grasp what's going on with Dad, and I'm sure that Laura, subconciously,
feels short-changed in that she only had a few years of marriage before her
"man" started falling apart.  Remember, I was 33 when we married, so a lot
of life had been already lived that she didn't get to share.  Her leukemia
is in remission, too, so other than having to be careful about communicable
disease, she has no physical encumbrances.  It's not something she dwells
on, but I do think she gets irritated at my tacit requests for her to pick
up the slack.