From:
Handiham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 14:14:27 -0500
Regarding accessibility issues, there is an "up" side of approaching it with
a software solution, and that is that the software interface could be made
somewhat universal, even though rig designs might be quite different. So if
you learned the basics of the software, you could then move somewhat more
easily from one rig to another. The "down" side, of course, is limited
portability, since a PC runs the interface. Still, if a software interface
can substantially set up a rig in advance, it could be taken portable
without having to access a lot of the more subtle features. The Hansen QSYer
can add basic frequency entry access to various rigs in the absence of a
computer. The Yaesu rigs are excellent in many respects and it makes sense
to try to computer control them. I'll sure be looking forward to hearing how
testing of HRD works out.

Regards,

Patrick Tice