From:
shawn klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 06:57:55 -0800
Hi Jim, John is right. In fact I just discovered
something else about the favorite document. When I was
compiling my list I had a word padd document for
calls, names, and q t h's, and another with just call
signs. They were both dot r t f(rich text format), and
when I did a control a and coppied to the clip board,
then pasted the result in to the k1 r f d echolink
favorite file and then brought up echolink, suddenly
back slash p a r extensions were at the end of every
entry. I just thought this was something echolink
naturally did with all it's favorite entries, but
wondered why echolink showed stations as off all the
time when the same station showed as on in my alarms.
Didn't think much more about it till I sent Matthew k
c 0 q j j my list. He replied to the message and
that's where things got interesting. Yahoo shows me
any text attachments. I don't have to download them to
read them, though once I got a file from a friend
created with office 97, and Yahoo showed a bunch of
junk before the actual text. So when I read my files
come back to me and saw that back slash p a r junk at
the ends of every entry a light dawned and I realized
that cutting and pasting from a document with complex
formatting had added this extra junk. Word to the
wise. I've since resaved my list to a t x t, and
that's what I'll be sending. Jim, let me know if u
want my version, it has 65 entries, that's not
counting the extra 1's to list repeaters that folks
are on. The latest list I believe u have has about 25
distinct entries. This goes for anyone else I haven't
heard from yet.

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/