Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jens Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 06:31:42 -0700
> Mel Pegg wrote:
>
> >It's really getting her down, but i know
> it will take some
> >convincing to change her diet, especially to
> include meat and a lot of the
> >things we eat on the Paleo diet.

It's really difficult to say, because we don't know
her reasons for going on a vegan diet, i.e. was it
purely for health reasons or for ethical or religious
reasons, for example? If there aren't any particular
religious reasons or anything like that, it would seem
the best thing to do, as she's not feeling well
anyway, would be to suggest that she try a change for
a month or whatever and see how things change. Then if
she's not satisfied she could easily return to a
previous diet. I think it makes sense for people who
don't feel well to try a variety of things and see
what works best. There's lots of information around,
though, on the benefits of a paleo diet, and when
dealing with vegetarian-types it's probably a help to
mention that this is a very natural way of eating,
i.e. basically following our ancestors to the best of
our knowledge.

Jens

http://calendar.yahoo.com