Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 10:45:35 -0700
Paul Getty wrote:
> What does this allergy to beef mean?  Does it mean these people were from a
> line of ancestors who ate meat from the ancestors of cattle?  Or is it just
> an individual anomaly?

In my son's case, here's the theory: enough proteins or peptides were
getting into the bloodstream intact that he had elevated levels of IgG
antibodies to many foods. The "individual anomaly" seems to be increased
intestinal permeability, and the theory is backed by lab test results
like increased eisinophils (10%, ref. 1%), high IgE (140, ref 8-60),
fast phase I liver detox. His fecal fat was high enough to do a celiac
biopsy, but he's gluten-free so they didn't bother.

His phase II liver detox is awful, off the charts. It was suggested on
another list that we limit his protein and feed him lots of brown rice
etc. Whatcha gonna do? Everything up to and including distilled water
has its advocates and its detractors. Since his father developed IDDM in
his 20's, the lower carb diet sounds worth looking into. Then, maybe
it's a pancreatic enzyme deficiency thing that keeps the peptides
intact.

Since he showed allergies to beef and pork but not chicken and turkey,
my guess is he descends from a long line of slow runners :-)

Darlene