Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 10:52:46 -0400
Kathryn Majid <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>What about non-meat cultures such as the vegetarian Hindus in India?  I
>believe their tradition of vegetarianism goes back many generations.  Do they
>have high levels of these autoimmune diseases?

Do remember that the Indian diet is low in gluten. In the south it is
totally gluten-free, as it is too hot for wheat to grow. What wheat that is
available in the north is a low gluten wheat, which is why they have flat
breads instead of leavened ones. Note that the warmer the climate the lower
the gluten content, and vice versus.

Of course now with transportation things are changing, and I'm sure the
autoimmune diseases are on the increase.

Don.