From:
Barbara Dursum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:09:16 EST

Thanks for all your responses.  General conclusion is that there is a
correlation.  I have extracted specific comments which I thought might be of
interest.
1.    Have Dr. prescribe Nystatin which is all natural (2 people)
2.    Worst symptom is chronic yeast or candida.  As long as strict with
diet, no symptoms.
3.    With celiac sprue, there can be a yeast overgrowth in the intestines bk
the good bacteria are not there to keep it in check.  We all have yeast in
our symptoms.  Having a yeast infection makes your blood sugar "wonky".All is
related.
4.  Definite correlation.  Need to drop anything fermented from diet, peel
fruits and cut out carbs.  Yeast needs sugar to grow, so starve it out.
5.  Yeast infections are epidemic today due to consumption of sugar and
refined carbs.Therefore, need to eliminate them and get stomach acid and digestive
enzymes in order.  There is a correlation between yeast infections and ALL
chronic diseases.
6.Everyone has Candida Yeast in stomach/gut where it lives.  Simple home
remedies are:  stop eating refined foods, no sodas. quit sugar, honey, fruit
juices and fermented vinegars.
Again, thanks for all your responses.  It is always nice to know that you are
not just imaging some of these things!  Barb