Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 09:26:51 +0000
        Hi.
        PCI slots are different on how its interrupt signals (#INTA/B/C/D,
usually at most one used) are routed to the ISA interrupts, moreless
configurable on bios.
        Is W95? Is OSR2? PnP (Plug and Pray cards)? May be it learned
somehow how where the interrupts routed, the PCI id's of the cards,
PnP related info, and asked again for the drivers without not much
reason.
        Note: the modem uses interrupt; the video adapter may or may not.

> I am just having so much fun re-installing software and hardware that
> I wanted to share some of the joy with the wonderful people on this
> list! (Okay, I've got a question).
>
> Is hardware "locked" into a certain PCI slot as far as the drivers
> are concerned? I swapped a modem into a newer computer. I had to move
> my PCI video adapter (from an infamous "shared slot") to another PCI
> slot to free up an ISA slot. When I re-booted, the driver disk for
> the video card as well as the modem was requested. This surprised me
> and I was just looking for the reason.
Javier Vizcaino. Ability Electronics. [log in to unmask]

Starting point:        (-1)^(-1) = -1
Applying logarithms: (-1)*ln(-1) = ln(-1)
Since ln(-1) <> 0, dividing:  -1 = 1
     (ln(-1) is complex, but exists)

                         Need help with PCBUILD:
                [log in to unmask]  or  http://nospin.com