Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:38:25 +0200
William wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:06:15 +0200, Erik Fridén <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Mice were considered a delicacy by the ancient Romans!
>> Erik F.
>
> I have an endless supply of mice, and must be healthy, this is the
> forest,
> but have trouble imagining eating them.
> Recipes, anyone?

Suddenly I have this vision of a butcher for poultry here who sells any
kind of bird.  Imagine a section with rodents, lying there cleaned and
headless....
To be truely honest, now that I think a bit about it, the idea of eating
rodents is not so crazy. If hamsters and guinae-pigs are proper chow in
parts of the world so can our own squirmers be.
Mouse from the woods would be free of any pesticides etc.
They are so small that they would require hardly any cooking, perhaps a
bit of a bbq or grill. Potroast a few together in a nice sauce could
work as well.

If I mentally take a small step back and look what I'm writing I begin
to giggle. The thought of only contemplating this seems farfetched but
the closer I get to nature the more I see things in another perspective.
We had a thread some time ago about feeling disconnected from the modern
world. Since I came back from holiday in Sweden I have that feeling even
more. While writing about eating rodents I realise how far away from my
neighours I really am.
Just being able to think about it makes a HUGE difference.

Christy