From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:20:28 +0900
On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 09:03  AM, Kim Kline wrote:

>> Anyone out there with acid reflux? What do you do for it<
>

> I had acid reflux when I was a lot younger (20's) and sometimes when I
> eat
> junk like a lot of ice cream or overeat it flares up.

Interesting. I was wondering if overeating frozen foods might have some
connection. I was eating LOTS of frozen berries with cream on top, like
instant ice cream. Also drinking loads of slushy frozen drinks due to
the heat.

I checked the internet medical sites and most of them offered a list of
foods to avoid, which tend to stimulate acid production. Most of them
are either not paleo, or are borderline, such as new world fruits like
tomatoes. The list was: Chocolate, coffee, tea, citrus of all kinds,
tomatoes, mint. All foods I love and eat a lot of! Even the non-paleo
ones. So I cut out all of these and did feel quite a bit better, but
not perfect. Some of the sites also say to cut fatty and spicy foods,
others say this is a myth.

They also advise not eating at night, three hours before bedtime (I
love late night snacks!) and raising the head of the bed.