From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:57:57 -0500
gts > "This article is as much about animal fat and general diet as it is
about alcohol"

True, it does talk about saturated fat.   But it's the alcohol part we're
interested in.  As the writer of the article says,  "..the red wine explanation of the French Paradox is shown to be no longer
an established fact."  It's French's lack of the consumption of saturated fat, the researchers
conclude, not the drinking of vin rouge which led to lower rates of heart
disease.

gts > "From the article I posted, which you ignored."

I'm not ignoring anything.  I'm simply pointing out that it's not an
established medical fact that drinking is good for you.  You have every
right, of course, to make your own judgements about the situation and
drink or not drink.  But it ain't written in stone that it's healthy.  I'd
like to see you admit that.

Your article might back up your earlier contention that drinking is only
good for a subsection of the population.  I didn't see in the article how
to determine if one has "slow" or "fast" genes.  Do you know how?