From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:10:33 EDT
In a message dated 6/17/03 12:53:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> I do eat lots of walnuts

I would stop this for a while.  Too much polyunsaturated fat.  Try replacing
these calories with saturated fat whether from animal fat, eggs (not the
special omega-3 ones -- just regular organic) or coconut oil.  Simultaneously, try
lowering your protein intake a bit and definitely keep carbs (even berry
carbs) low.  I realize there is much disagreement over the omega-3/polyunsaturated
fat issue on this board, but since you are gaining and not losing fat, it
couldn't hurt to try a different approach for say 2 weeks to see if it gets things
moving in the right direction.  Bottom line:  Replace polyunsaturated fat
with saturated fat where possible.  Don't just glop on saturated fat on top of
what you are eating now -- the idea is to replace some of the polyunsaturated
fat calories with saturated fat calories.  Lower protein a bit -- this is
especially important if you have been eating unlimited quantities of protein as a
free food.  I do not mean eat low protein, just don't think of it as a "free"
food that you can gorge on.   Keep carbs low -- keep berries to a minimum.  Last
tip -- buy quality loose darjeeling oolong tea (blend of black and green) and
drink after meals.  good luck!