From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:57:14 -0600
>An honest question for you...

I think I get it.  The basic question seems, "Why don't the Eades and
Cordain outlaw grain and dairy ENTIRELY since so many can't tolerate them?"
Well, on the one hand, both believe you're best with none at all.  And I can
tell you right now that if Mike and/or MD were treating you, they'd tell you
point blank - "If you can't tolerate it, avoid it like the plague."

Some list members consider this a bad or disappointing thing but yes, the
Eades' second book has three different versions of the Paleo diet.  Why?
Several reasons.  One is sales.  One book with three plans will appeal to
more readers than a book with only one.  But, in all honesty, the true
bottom line is not the bottom line (cha-ching!) but sheer reality.  Not ALL
people can handle the Purist Approach.  So they give them other options.  I,
personally, don't have a problem with this.

Whaaaaaaaaat?!  Yeah, you heard me right.  Yes, I feel (actually, believe
with religious fervor) that the BEST thing to do is eat as close to the
Purest Approach as you can.  But I'm not going to diss someone who goes with
the Hedonist Approach IF IT WORKS FOR THEM.  Better to bat .750 and enjoy
tremendous health benefits than to try the Purist Approach, backslide once
and decide to give up and live on Twinkies and Coke!  Know what I mean?

NO ONE, in my opinion, can recommend a formula that works for everyone.  The
Puriest Approach alone can be twisted any number of ways all by itself: some
will eat lots of fat, others less.  Others will avoid all fruit while some
enjoy a fair amount.  Blah blah blah blah blah.  If anything, I think Mike &
MD's second book is that much the better for giving people choices.

In the end, it all comes down to what works for you.  Sounds to me like you
know what works!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

P.S.  This doesn't sound as good as I hoped but I'll send it anyway.  Sorry.