From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:21:23 +0900

> Clearly cocoa products are not paleo. Cocoa is a New World food. It was
> first consumed probably by the Aztecs or their ancestors in Central or
> South
> America.

So what exactly is our standard? Or do we even have an agreed upon
standard? Neanderthin suggests the "naked with a stick" standard. it
goes on to say that anything we can eat raw is paleo. Someone on this
list said they eat raw cacao beans. So by that standard cacao is paleo.

Can we eat new world fruits and vegetables at all? If not, then I can't
eat east asian, australian, etc foods either, as my ancestors almost
certainly never ate them. You seem to be arguing that I should only eat
foods native to northern europe. That is too narrow for me. I prefer
the Neanderthin standard, and will continue to eat macadamias.