C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:48:29 -0400
Nah.  Other than here at work, where the officers now have rifles added to
their handguns and snipers are on the roof, we're actually having a hard
time getting folks to take the threat seriously--which they really should
do.  On the other hand, there is too much "wolf crying" with the threat
levels and that's playing right into Al Queda's hands.  The sleeper cells
have been here for years and have acquired patience for the right moment.
Every few weeks they're stepping up the "chatter" (which I think is a
tactical ruse), causing State, DoD and DHS to "go orange".  True, there have
been a lot of interventions under the media radar, but Tom Ridge and the
alphabet soup agencies need to get a better paradigm for determining threat
level.

In case anyone's interested, here's a good link that demonstrates how we are
using stats to "connect the dots" between terrorists:
http://www.orgnet.com/MappingTerroristNetworks.pdf

I might have a chance to check out the situation in D.C. next Wednesday.
One of the agencies is holding a morning roundtable at the Reagan Building,
International Trade Center.  If I can get a P.O. cut in time for the plane
ticket, I plan on going.  The place is at 1300 Penn. Ave., NW and I'll have
the afternoon to goof around.  Do you know if there's a Metro stop close by
that location?  I'm not really into hoofing it.

Kyle