From:
Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:08:24 -0800
Even more important, servos are easier to build for 400Hz AC.  And many
airplane operations are controlled by servos -- or at least were circa
WW2.

The same electrician I talked about advocated that *everything* --
including power distribution -- be converted to 400Hz AC.  But IRIC
there are some odd impedance effects that show themselves at 400Hz that
do not at 60Hz and would cause some problems with electric power
distribution at the higher frequency.

Mike Freeman < K 7 U I J >