From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:55:45 -0500
Hi;

The actual test were conducted on 24th October 2003 and I did absolutley
terrible with cholesterol in the stratosphere as you can see by the results
posted below. The second column of readings are the reference range;

c-REACTIVE PROTEIN      1.07    0.80-8.00       MG/L

Glucose Fasting - ser   5.7     3.3-6.1         MMOL/L
AST                     20      6-42            U/L
CHOLESTEROL             7.28    BELOW 5.20      MMOL/L
TRIGLYCERIDES           2.16    BELOW 2.30      MMOL/L
HDL CHOLESTEROL         1.03    0.90-2.07       MMOL/L
LDL CHOLESTEROL         5.27    BELOW 3.40      MMOL/L
LDL/HDL                 5.12    BELOW 3.20
CHOL/HDL RATIO          7.07    BELOW 4.40

I had been eating a fair amount of cheese and dairy in the form of pizza
with cheese topping, 1% milk, (and later 2 and 3%), a large (organic) blob
of whipped cream on dessert once or twice a week, and a cut of emmenthal or
brie once every two weeks. I was also eating two eggs/day every day, lots of
nuts (walnuts, cashews) salad 4-5x/week, canned salmon, and organic beef
once a week. Exercise: an hour a day of brisk walking 5 days a week. My
doctor wanted me to go on medication but I told him no and that I would try
fighting it with diet and will go back in March for a re-test.

I have dropped all the cream and dairy and now use only skim milk plus I now
eat only one egg per day. I am basically doing/eating eveything else the
same but have very recently dropped the salads and, instead, taken to stir
frying my lunches at work (yumm) with tons of garlic and ginger in olive oil.

The day before the test there was a bake sale at the office and I went nuts
with that and ate like a pig (I can really pack it in) but my doctor told me
this would have only very little influence of the (horrible) results. Any
comments?

Anyhow, I am quite discouraged but will see what happens in early spring and
report back here...

Marilyn