From:
Wilkinson Jens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:53:44 +0900
It well may be the low insulin that is most important, but
I think that caloric restriction leads to low insulin and
hence to increased insulin resistance, so it may well be
that eating a low GI diet is a good thing, but that
essentially caloric restriction does the same thing. I'm
not sure if it's an either/or proposition here.

Speaking of this, I wanted to ask a question about IGF-1.
Cordain is a very strong proponent of IGF-1 as something
very bad. Recently, though, I read somewhere else (Life
Extension) that IGF-1 falls with age, and that this drop
in IGF-1 may be harmful. It's all a bit confusing. My
impression is that perhaps current science doesn't quite
understand where it is good and where it is bad, but maybe
there is a simple answer. Does anybody have any good
references on IGF-1?

Jens Wilkinson