From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:13:38 -0800
On Thursday, Dec 11, 2003, at 05:44 US/Pacific, Tom Bridgeland wrote:

> By the way, the science on second hand smoke is pretty tenuous,
> depending on very weak statistical links. About as many trials show no
> link to observable harm as show this weak link. I figure that for
> practical purposes second hand smoke is something I can ignore. It is
> more likely that you have a personal allergy to something in the smoke,
> nicotine perhaps. I personally don't like it either, but I doubt it is
> a danger to most people.

Having been brought up in it, and breathing hard playing a wind
instrument for hours daily in it, I can certainly say I was affected. I
have had problems with oxygen uptake in physical performance,
adaptation to low oxygen environments, oxygen deficiency in muscle
cells, a tendency towards asthma....  All the clean living and Paleo
has helped avoid aggravations, but I was clearly affected. Danger may
not be in casual exposure, but in this sort of saturated environment.
Oh, and yes, it killed both parents.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!