From:
Bruce Kleisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:18:45 -0400
"Keith Thomas" wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 07:41, Bruce Kleisner wrote:
>
> >people eating mainly leanly meat develop
> >insatiable hunger. They can eat up to 6 pounds of horse
> >meat or lean caribou a day, raw or not
> >It seems that people eating vegan or fruitarian
> >diets develop similar problems. As do people following
> >all-raw diets in general. That explains why no hunter-
> >gatherer tribe has ever shown to eat all-raw.
>
> I think the evidence is pretty clear that the Tasmanian Aborigines gave up
> eating fish and using fire about 2,500 years ago.  No one can say with any
> certainty why, but it is a hot topic for speculation and research here in
> Australia.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Even if this
were true, it doesn't prove they ate all-raw. There are still
natural fires, lightning strikes, sunlight, ambient heat, and
other natural ways of cooking food. Anyone can decide to stop
eating cooked food. Are they better or worse off though? Take
a good look at the people claiming to eat 100% raw, including
raw meat eaters. Ask yourself how healthy they look.