From:
mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:37:04 -0700
--- Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Agreed.  I've been following Dr. Cordain's theories
> and mostly ignoring Ray Audette's for a couple of
years now.  By and large, Cordain's ideas do not work
because they blend paleo theory with modern-day
nutritional fallacies.  Most notably that saturated
fats are to be avoided.  I am coming back around to
the realization that Ray is right.  He's unscientific
at times and amateur.  And right.

Hi Jim,

From Neanderthin pages 66 and 67, "Your primary
sources of fat should be olive oil, avocados, LEAN
MEATS, seafood (especially fatty fish), MUFA rich
nuts, omega 3 enriched eggs, and flaxseed oil".

Ray consulted extensively with Cordain while writing
Neanderthin and it appears he jumped right into his
hip pocket.  From the above you can see Ray is pushing
a diet consisting of mosty MUFA and PUFA fats.
Saturated fat is not even mentioned in his list of
recommended fats.  His flaxseed oil recommendation has
Cordain written all over it.

> And I'm convinced that every word of Neanderthin is
right.

Still?

Mark

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com