From:
Mike Raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:41:06 -0400
Hello to everyone,

I sent this yesterday but I don't think that it went through.

My name is Mike and I am a new subscriber.  I am interested in
learning more about the Paleolithic approach to diet and nutrition.
For the past 15 years or so I have been a heavy grain eater which was
the result of my interest at that time in macrobiotics.  Although I
added meat in my diet several years ago, I continued to make grains
the largest portion of my meals.  But I have found grains don't work
for me much anymore.  Perhaps they never really have but the problems
that I suffer from now are just more noticeable.  I do know that when
I cut out rice and wheat, after a few days I feel better.  Millet and
oats don't seem to give me as much problems.  I have been reading
about the Atkins diet lately and I have been trying to reduce my carb
intake.  I am mostly interested to hear about others experiences and
to have a place I can go to ask questions about low carb/no-grain
type diet.

How active is this group?

What are some suggestions for breakfast?  I usually exercise before
going to work and so have an appetite in the morning.  I have some
kind of allergy to eggs, which is probably the first choice.  I
usually eat plain instant oatmeal (4 packs = 400 cal) and a 6 oz can
of tuna (which actually contains more like 4-4.5 oz of tuna).

Mike