From:
"Paula H." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:55:07 -0400
Well, I DO know the first thing about food addiction and overeating.  My
pediatrician put me on my first diet at the age of 12.  I spent the next 31
years trying everything possible to control my appetite - all kinds of
diets, pills, exercise regimes, etc.

No matter what I did I was ravenous most of the time, and I could really
pack away the food - I could eat half a gallon of ice cream, 4 blueberry
turnovers and a couple of dozen fried onion rings in one afternoon - maybe
throw in a half a pound of potato chips.

It was ONLY when I made a long term commitment to limit my carbs that for
the first time in my life I had a normal appetite.  Although eating paleo, I
now limit my carbs to about 60-70 per day to keep from reawakening my carb
monster appetite.  I have been eating this way almost 7 years.  I am
healthy, happy, active and 77 pounds lighter.

I can't speak for anyone else - BUT FOR ME a lot of carbs create such a
hunger in me that I cannot resist binge eating.

Paula H., who eats whenever she is hungry and will never diet again