From:
Craig Coonrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 01:11:55 -0700
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003, William wrote:

> I must use my old computer, the new one needs repair, found this.
> IIRC the question was how did the bones of neanderthal man come to show so
> much damage?
>
> Methods of acquiring meat could be an answer, and the man-made cliff is one
> possiblility. Would archaeologists recognise what they see? Note this hole
> would not be associated with human remains.

My guess would be that much of their bone damage comes from kicking the
crap out of each other, in order to gain territory, mates, food...

Chimpanzees fight with other chimp groups, and anyone who has studied the
history of humans for more than 5 minutes, knows that we're all about
warring with each other since the dawn of recorded history.

Craig