From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 20:41:21 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Having recently raised 3 kittens I can say they also [mother and kitten]
> enjoyed cheese.

I dated a fellow that had these very large, very expensive freshwater fish.
One day, he asked if I would feed his fish (he used tiny goldfish as their
food) while he took a shower.  Just for the heck of it (and possibly the vodka I
was drinking at the time had something to do with this), I got the idea to try
to see if the fish would eat out of my hand as a dog would.  Well, since
there was no way I could keep a grasp on live teensy goldfish which would thrash
about wildly if I tried to hold them -- I reached for a slice of provolone
cheese from my boyfriend's provolone/roastbeef sandwhich.  I tore off little
squares and held them in the water and the fish actually ate them from my hand.  At
first I thought that they were so hungry they thought my fingers with the
cheese were some odd kind of fish for them to eat.   Anyway, I was very surprised
to see the same fish coming back again and again for the cheese.  Weird.